- All-new Ford Focus trophy collection includes two Car of the Year titles and 10 category wins since going on sale this year. Focus also shortlisted for European Car of the Year
- Sporty Focus ST‑Line variant, Chrome Blue and Desert Island Blue colours, and new eight-speed automatic transmission among popular options for Focus customers
- Focus range also offers stylish Titanium, upscale Vignale and SUV-inspired Active five-door and wagon variants, with optimised interior space, craftsmanship and driver assistance tech
COLOGNE, Germany, Dec. 20, 2018 – The all-new Ford Focus trophy cabinet is filling up fast.
New from the ground up, the most accomplished and technically-competent Focus ever has already earned 12 prestigious awards – including two outright Car of the Year titles – since going on sale across Europe in the summer.
Ford sold more than 42,100 all-new Focus cars through November year to date, with the sporty Focus ST-Line variant accounting for more than 40 per cent of sales.
One in six Focus customers opted for Chrome Blue or Desert Island Blue colours, in addition to the more traditional and popular Magnetic grey and Frozen White colours. A new eight-speed automatic transmission has also proven even more popular with customers than anticipated.
Manufactured using cutting-edge processes at Ford’s Saarlouis assembly facility, Germany, the all-new Focus is offered in five-door hatchback and wagon body styles. In addition to the popular ST-Line variant, the comprehensive line-up also includes the stylish Focus Trend and Titanium and upscale Focus Vignale. The first sports-utility vehicle-inspired Focus Active crossover is now also available to order.
“Media, motoring experts and – most importantly – customers are full of praise for our all-new Focus, and that’s reflected in both variety of awards the car is winning and the rate at which they’re flying out of showrooms,” said Glen Goold, Focus chief programme engineer, Ford of Europe. “To be considered the best in such a competitive segment is a very high level of praise.”
The all-new Focus confidence-inspiring driving and occupant experience – developed following closer collaboration with customers than ever before – has been recognised by publications and organisations across Europe, including Car of the Year 2019 titles in Croatia and Finland.
Benefits for business drivers including optimised fuel efficiency from sophisticated EcoBoost petrol and EcoBlue diesel engines, wireless charging capability for compatible smartphones and FordPass Connect on-board modem connectivity are reflected with victory at the Entrepreneurs Car of the Year awards in Spain; the Benefit Category award at the Czech Republic Fleet Awards 2018; and the title of Best Lower-Medium Car at the BusinessCar Awards in the U.K.
Category award wins for the all-new Focus include Compact Class Winner at the Auto Zeitung Auto Trophy 2018 in Germany;and Best Family Car at the 2018 Scottish Car of the Year Awards.
Focus also is one of seven cars shortlisted for the European Car of the Year award to be announced in March 2019.
Delivering more interior space combined with high quality materials and craftsmanship, the all-new Focus offers the most sophisticated range of Ford driver assistance technologies ever offered to Ford customers including Adaptive Cruise Control with Stop & Go, Speed Sign Recognition and Lane-Centring for effortlessly negotiating stop-start traffic, and Ford’s first head-up display to be offered in Europe.
Focus was earlier this year awarded the maximum 5-star safety rating by independent crash test authority Euro NCAP – one of the first vehicles to be awarded the highest rating under new, more stringent Euro NCAP testing protocols.
# # #
The full list of awards won by the all-new Ford Focus in 2018 year to date is:
· Car of the Year 2019 – Finland
· Car of the Year 2019 – Croatia
· Belgian Family Car of the Year (two price categories) – Belgium
· Irish Car of the Year awards: Small/Compact Car of the Year – Ireland
· Autobild Golden Wheels Award: Best Compact car – Bulgaria
· BusinessCar Awards: Best Lower-Medium Car – U.K.
· Parkers New Car Awards 2019: Best Small Family Car – U.K.
· 2018 Scottish Car of the Year Awards: Best Family Car – Scotland
· Auto Zeitung Auto Trophy 2018: Compact category winner – Germany
· Great Austrian Automobile Prize: Start category winner – Austria
· Entrepreneurs Car of the Year – Spain
· Czech Republic Fleet Awards 2018: Benefit category winner – Czech Republic
About Ford Motor Company
Ford Motor Company is a global company based in Dearborn, Michigan. The company designs, manufactures, markets and services a full line of Ford cars, trucks, SUVs, electrified vehicles and Lincoln luxury vehicles, provides financial services through Ford Motor Credit Company and is pursuing leadership positions in electrification, autonomous vehicles and mobility solutions. Ford employs approximately 200,000 people worldwide. For more information regarding Ford, its products and Ford Motor Credit Company, please visit www.corporate.ford.com.
Ford of Europe is responsible for producing, selling and servicing Ford brand vehicles in 50 individual markets and employs approximately 53,000 employees at its wholly owned facilities and approximately 68,000 people when joint ventures and unconsolidated businesses are included. In addition to Ford Motor Credit Company, Ford Europe operations include Ford Customer Service Division and 24 manufacturing facilities (16 wholly owned or consolidated joint venture facilities and eight unconsolidated joint venture facilities). The first Ford cars were shipped to Europe in 1903 – the same year Ford Motor Company was founded. European production started in 1911.