- Ford launches dedicated FordPass Pro app to help small business customers and owner operators keep their connected vehicles safe, secure and running efficiently
- Customers will be able to remotely lock, check vehicle health, book a service and view locations of up to five vehicles from a single view
- Designed for small businesses, the FordPass Pro app provides the tools and information owners need to ensure their vehicles are ready for work with maximum uptime
LONDON, Sept. 19, 2019 – Ford today launches a new connected vehicle smartphone app that will help small business customers maximise efficiency, security and productivity.
FordPass Pro is a dedicated new app for those who rely on their vehicles for their work, enabling them to manage up to five Ford vehicles from a single screen.
“Time is precious for small business owners, which is why we focus on delivering simple technology solutions that we know will make a big difference,” said Richard Bunn, FordPass director, Ford Mobility Europe. “The new FordPass Pro app will help our customers spend less time managing their vehicles and more time making their business a success.”
The FordPass Pro app provides the tools businesses need to manage up to five vehicles within a single intuitive interface. Features include:
- Check In on the home screen for dynamic, instant access to important information about each vehicle – for example displaying AdBlue levels so owners know when to refill
- Vehicle Location lets owners know where their vehicles are at the beginning or end of the day, and helps drivers find their vans in busy car parks or work locations
- Remote Lock/Unlock provides reassurance that vehicles and their contents are safe, enabling independent security for both the cabin and load compartment
- Vehicle Health offers visibility of key vehicle health indicators including fuel levels, oil life, and tyre pressure, helping owners reduce wear and tear and improve fuel economy
- Alarm Notification immediately lets owners know if any of their vehicles’ alarms have been triggered
- Remote Start on automatic vehicles lets owners remotely start the engine – ideal for ensuring vans are warmed, de-iced and ready for work on early morning shifts
New features and enhancements are being added to FordPass Pro regularly. Some upcoming features include a heightened security Guard Mode which will allow owners of vehicles equipped with the FordPass Connect on-board modem to be alerted about any activity in their van – including if they are unlocked with a key – providing an additional layer of security and confidence. Online Service Booking will help owners to proactively manage the maintenance of their vehicles.
The FordPass Pro app is compatible with Apple and Android smartphones and is available in the Apple App Store and Google Play store in the U.K., Germany, Spain, Italy and France, with further markets to be added in the future.
FordPass Pro will support independent and small business customers, while large fleet customers will continue to be supported with Telematics and Data Services from Ford Commercial Solutions. *
Ford is Europe’s No. 1 commercial vehicle brand, with the Ford Transit model range setting a second quarter sales record of 68,800, up 2.7 per cent from the same quarter of 2018.
# # #
* Ford Telematics is available to Ford fleet operators in the U.K. and Germany, and will come later to Spain, Italy and France. Ford Data Services is currently available in 15 markets in Europe: U.K., Germany, France, Italy, Spain, Netherlands, Belgium, Poland, Austria, Ireland, Sweden, Denmark, Portugal, Finland and Norway.
About Ford Motor Company
Ford Motor Company is a global company based in Dearborn, Michigan. The company designs, manufactures, markets and services a full line of Ford cars, trucks, SUVs, electrified vehicles and Lincoln luxury vehicles, provides financial services through Ford Motor Credit Company and is pursuing leadership positions in electrification, autonomous vehicles and mobility solutions. Ford employs approximately 194,000 people worldwide. For more information regarding Ford, its products and Ford Motor Credit Company, please visit www.corporate.ford.com.
Ford of Europe is responsible for producing, selling and servicing Ford brand vehicles in 50 individual markets and employs approximately 50,000 employees at its wholly owned facilities and consolidated joint ventures and approximately 64,000 people when unconsolidated businesses are included. In addition to Ford Motor Credit Company, Ford Europe operations include Ford Customer Service Division and 20 manufacturing facilities (13 wholly owned facilities and seven unconsolidated joint venture facilities). The first Ford cars were shipped to Europe in 1903 – the same year Ford Motor Company was founded. European production started in 1911.